WHO WE ARE
DOWAFA, Domestic Workers and Family Justice Alliance, came into existence in 2008 as a faith based organization, World Harvestime Ministries, but directors saw the need for interdenominational approach and after seeing the suffering of the voiceless domestic workers we went ahead to register an entity which is non-partisan, non-religious DOWAFA with a mission to promote family justice and defend, protect and advocate for the rights of domestic workers through strengthening dignity and fairness for millions of domestic workers .
DOWAFA founders decided that the alliance builds, empower, sustain and draw on helping the marginalized individuals through family justice which constitutes of;
Researchers and statisticians carry out research, data collection, and data analysis on family injustices and domestic workers in Uganda.
We have a team of professionals from legal, medical, counseling and guidance, survivors, prosecutors professions, Chaplains/pastors and policy makers (inter-governmental, governmental, and non-governmental) who provide services to families and domestic workers both migrant and local.
DOWAFA is a membership-based Alliance in these broad constituencies:
- Membership-based in Family Justice and Domestic Workers departments
- Researchers, Investigators and Statisticians who carry out research, data collection, or data analysis on family injustices.
- Practitioners from Legal, Medical professions, Counselors, Survivors, Prosecutors, Chaplains/Pastors and Policy makers (Inter-governmental, Governmental and Non-governmental) who provide services to families and domestic workers both migrant and local.
DOWAFA founders decided that the alliance builds, empower and draw on helping the marginalized individuals through family justice from each of these constituencies which draws its finances from membership fees and donor funds which help in operation, expansion and growth of the organization
Families regardless of class, migrant and local domestic workers, organizations, researchers, law advocates, statisticians are invited to become our members to build this alliance of justice and touching lives.
How to join DOWAFA: Fill the form, we shall guide you.
- Domestic Workers and Professionalism.
- Rights of Domestic Workers-C189
- Repatriation of Migrant Domestic Workers
- Rehabilitation of MDWs and LDWs.
- Saving and investment in genuine businesses
- Gender based violence.
- Family land wrangles.
- Environmental Conservation
- Family Financial discipline.
- Family reconciliations
Board of Directors
Country Coordinator/Programme Director
Finance Operations Director/Treasurer
Director Legal and Audit
Special Projects Manager
CARE TEAMWORK RESPECT ACCOUNTABILITY TRANSPARENCY
DOWAFA BOARD AND ORGANIZATION CHART
A Board of Directors governs DOWAFA. Board members are drawn as per the constitution and come from diverse backgrounds and different regions. The Board has four committees which are constituted under Management (or executive) and a Financial Committee.